Petersburg VA City Hall
Originally the U.S. Customs House and Post Office, this imposing building was constructed in the mid 19th century by the U.S. Treasury Department. “In 1938, the building was renovated as part of a Works Progress Administration project to become Petersburg’s City Hall, and retains that use today.”
City hall marker.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on September 3, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE