Three terra cotta reliefs funded by the Treasury Department’s Section of Fine Arts. “Cotton,” “Tobacco,” and “Wheat” were created by Franc Epping in 1941 and installed in what was then the Alexander City post office at 82 Court Sq. That building has since been turned into a community center, and all three pieces are now in storage in City Hall. There are plans to restore them and install them in the city library.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE