New Smyrna Beach’s city hall was originally built as the city’s library. The building was constructed by federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) labor during the Great Depression.
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 10, Folder 235-A. Lawrence J. Sweet, New Smyrna Beach, p. 36, Arcadia Publishing, 2006.
Project originally submitted by Brent Mckee on October 15, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE