The former city hall building in Altamont, Kansas was constructed in 1937 with Works Progress Administration (WPA) funds and labor. The status and location of the former building are presently unknown to Living New Deal.
"To Start Project," The Parsons Sun, January 7, 1937 (pg. 1): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/692626286
"To Dedicate New Building," and "Completing New Building," The Parsons Sun, Parsons, Kansas, August 21, 1937 (pg. 13): https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/692579219/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 24, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE