Center section connecting City Hall and Fire StationAdded when remodeled into a house
In 1902 Mineola’s city hall burned. For over 20 year they operated out of rental property. In 1929 the city bought this property and in 1929 the city started to build a combination fire house/city hall. The fire house was completed in 1931 but then the city ran out of money. According to a newspaper article, in August of 1940 the city applied for WPA funds to complete the city hall. Other sources say the city hall was completed in 1939.
NPS http://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/pdfs/13000288.pdf (#8 in Section 7-13) Mineola Monitor Newspaper 8/15/1940 http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth299001/m1/1/ Historical Marker - Picture submitted
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on February 13, 2017.