Delaware Ohio City Hall
“The new city hall at Delaware replaces a building which was built in 1873 and which was destroyed by fire in 1934. Following the fire, the city offices were housed in an abandoned school building, the fire department occupied rented quarters, and municipal prisoners had to be confined in the county jail.
The new building was erected on the old site, which has been suitably landscaped.
The first floor provides quarters for city offices, the fire department, and a police garage. The second floor houses council chambers, conference rooms, the office of the city engineer, a jail, and quarters for the jailer.
The volume of the building is 280,000 cubic feet. It was completed in February 1937 at a project cost of $95,047.”
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
C.W. Short and R. Stanley-Brown. "Public Buildings: A Survey of Architecture of Projects Constructed by Federal and Other Governmental Bodies Between the Years 1933 and 1939 with the Assistance of the Public Works Administration." (1939).
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE