Cuthbert City HallCuthbert City Hall
This art deco brick building was constructed by the WPA starting in 1940. “Cuthbert’s Mid-Century Modern City Hall was a project of the WPA, near the tail-end of funding for the New Deal agency. It’s a quiet landmark of governmental architecture and utilitarian design. The [bronze bell near the door] lists the names of the committee members who oversaw its construction.”
Project originally submitted by Andrew Laverdiere on June 30, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE