Bigfork, MN City Hall
Constructed by the WPA in 1936:
“The Bigfork City Hall is one of the only original historic buildings still standing in this northwoods town of approximately 450 people. The building, constructed in 1936 as a Depression-era federal relief project, consists of cast concrete exterior walls faced with field stones. Today, the building houses a small clerk’s office, with a public meeting room on the ground level and a VFW meeting hall in the basement and former firehouse bay.” (http://www.mnpreservation.org)
National Archives and Records Administration, Records of the Work Projects Administration, Information Service, Primary File, 1936-42, Box 6, Folder 211-A. http://www.mnpreservation.org/2013/03/13/bigfork-city-hall/
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee - wpatoday.org on August 10, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE