Brandon, MN City Hall and Auditorium
The Brandon Auditorium and City Hall was designed by F. Boes Pfeifer, built by the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.), and completed in 1936.
The new Village Hall at Brandon was built by the WPA at a cost of $65,000. It has two stories and measures 116×44, a wing measure of 25×27. It has a concrete foundation and fieldstone exterior walls with cast stone trim. It also has reinforced concrete first floor slabs, steel beams and wood joists in second floor and roof. The basement accommodates the boiler and fuel rooms and locker rooms. The first floor has an auditorium, stage, lobby, fire hall, and locker rooms. On the second floor are a balcony, council room, and projection room.
Project originally submitted by Seth Hardmeyer on January 11, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE