Old Anchorage City Hall
The historic former Anchorage City Hall was built during the Great Depression with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. The P.W.A. supplied a grant of $32,727 toward the project, whose total cost was $79.553. The building, which was constructed between April and September 1936, continues to serve municipal functions. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 219. https://focus.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/NRHP/Text/80000745.pdf
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 17, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE