City Garage under construction
Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) workers constructed a new city garage for Medford, Massachusetts. From a W.P.A. Bulletin:
Medford’s antiquated city garage built to accommodate horse drawn equipment will be replaced with a new Medford WPA city garage now in construction. The new building will contain offices, workrooms, and storage for motor vehicles at present kept in rented quarters.
The exact location and present status of this facility is unknown to Living New Deal.
Works Progress Bulletin, Massachusetts: Aug. 8, 1936 (pg. 2)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 10, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE
Located at 21 James Street in Medford. Garage was demolished but the original sign was restored and reused on a new DPW building at the same location.