The main buildings of City College were constructed between 1903 and 1907 and the library was built in 1929. A new wing to the library was constructed in 1939 with funds labor provided by the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
WPA Guide to the City of New York, pp. 294-295, available at https://archive.org/stream/newyorkcityguide00federich#page/294/mode/2up
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE