Yukon City Building
“The [former] Yukon City Hall is a two-story light brick building constructed by the WPA in 1936. It faces north and has a centered entrance. The building has five bays, separated by decorative masonry pilasters, with engraving at the tops. The entrance is a single aluminum and glass door with a narrow sidelight and transom. Beneath the ground floor windows is a stone water table which surrounds the building. Each floors has a single fixed pane window with a stone sill.
Across the top of the facade is a wide stone entablature which is engraved “CITY OF YUKON”. The WPA shield is mounted on the west end of the facade and reads: “USA / 1936 / WPA”. The two-sided cornerstone is on the northeast corner.
The building is currently occupied by the City Court Clerk and the Park & Recreation Director…The current City Hall is located at 500 W. Main.” (https://www.waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 15, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE