Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park preserves two civil war battles. The park was established in the late 19th century.
During the Depression, the “Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park had four [CCC] camps at its disposal. Troops at these facilities performed a variety of missions, including construction of roads, fire trails, bridle paths, as well as landscaping, tree surgery, and erosion control.”
The last CCC camp in the park closed in April 1942.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE