A small brick school building, built to replace a wooden school on the same site. It was designed by Albert Harkness of Providence, who also designed the Harmony School at the same time. The school replaced five one-room schools in the town. It is today the Glocester Town Hall.
Page 53, American Architect and Architecture, Volume 150 (1937)
Page 155, Public Buildings: Architecture under the Public Works Administration, 1933 to 1939 (C. W. Short and R. Stanley-Brown, 1939)
America builds: The record of PWA (pg. 133)
Project originally submitted by John P on September 30, 2014.
Additional contributions by Evan Kalish.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE