Lindbergh-State-Park-8Lindbergh State Park WPA Park Shelter
Known as the “Kitchen Shelter” because it includes a fireplace and stove, it was constructed in 1936, making it one of the first WPA buildings in the park.
The WPA also put in two miles of footpaths, planted 4,000 trees and bushes, and built parking lots and other amenities on the Lindbergh property, creating what is now a state park.
All text quoted from this publication: http://sites.mnhs.org/historic-sites/sites/sites.mnhs.org.historic-sites/files/10CAL0002_WPAWalkingTours.pdf
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE