Nash Elementary, terrace-overlook, Fort Worth, TX
Charles E. Nash Elementary School was originally constructed in 1927 and received a small addition in 1936. It’s likely that the addition was completed as the result of New Deal funding, but that has not been verified. It has been verified that the grounds were landscaped through the Works Progress Administration (WPA). Among the improvements were these terraces and stairs on the north side of the grounds constructed circa 1936. The improvements were designed by Hare & Hare of Kansas City, Mo.
"Eight Decades of School Construction: Historic Resources of the Fort Worth Independent School District, 1892-1961," City of Fort Worth. pp. 31-32.
Project originally submitted by Steven and Susan Kline on January 6, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE