CCC Camp on Shale Creek
CCC Camp F-407 was stationed near Clayton in the Challis National Forest. Camp F-407 left structures at Clayton, Loon Creek, and Cape Horn. From the Forest Service: “The site for the Clayton Ranger Station was acquired as an administrative site in 1913. The original station consisted of a three room dwelling, barn, and woodshed built in 1914. During 1933 and 1934, the present buildings were constructed by the CCC.”
Wilson, Richa, 2009. History of the Challis National Forest, USDA Forest Service Idaho Public Television
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on October 26, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE