The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) undertook reconstruction of the damaged Central Street Bridge at the Sudbury River in Framingham, Mass. in 1938.
Town Report, 1938: “The retaining wall on the northerly side of Central Street on the west approach to the bridge over the Sudbury River at that point, which collapsed during the fall of 1937, was rebuilt by the W.P.A. Also various repairs were made to the concrete structure of the bridge itself and two other retaining walls on the east approach to the bridge were rebuilt and repaired.”
The bridge’s superstructure has since been replaced.
Annual Report of the Town of Framingham for the Year Ending December 31, 1938 (pg. 268). Google Street View
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 5, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE