Centennial Beach Bathhouse
Naperville’s Centennial Park beach received a bathhouse during the New Deal, which is still standing today:
“In 1934, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) completed the bathhouse, built from limestone taken from the quarry at the facility’s western edge.
The completed bathhouse had stone steps leading down to the swimming area. The shallow section included a sandy area and the deep section had three anchored rafts, a 12-foot diving tower, two spring boards and one lifeguard stand.”
The bathhouse was recently renovated: “One of the top priorities was to preserve the historic bathhouse and much care was taken to ensure that its character remained intact.”
Project originally submitted by V M on May 19, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE