CCC Museum int
“In 1935 CCC Camp Conner was established at the present site of the Shenipsit Forest Headquarters and CCC Museum.” What is now the CCC Museum was originally the camp office and officers’ quarters. “The Museum is located in the only remaining CCC barracks building in the State and pays homage to the dedicated men who worked in Connecticut camps. The museum features a large collection of tools, equipment, photographs, and memorabilia from the former Camp Conner and 21 other camps in the State.”
“Shenipsit State Forest,” Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, accessed August 13, 2014.
Personal visit by Evan Kalish, Aug. 2016.
Historical Museum of the Civilian Conservation Corps, Shenipsit State Forest: exhibit information
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee and Evan Kalish on February 20, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE