Strawberry Canyon CCC CampMemorial Stadium is visible right over the hill. The farthest left building is a greenhouse, and the flat-topped building next to it appears to be a lath house. - Conservation Corps State Museum Photo Archives
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) established Camp SP-10 in Strawberry Canyon in the hills behind the main campus of the University of California, Berkeley.
Camp SP-10 was home to CCC Company 751 from October 5, 1933 to May 31, 1934. H.C. Merrick was the Commanding Officer. This was an integrated CCC camp, based on photographs of the enrollees.
It is believed that the camp was at current location of the parking lot across from the university botanical garden.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE