The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)’s Camp Roberts, which housed Company #175, was stationed at Black Rock State Park in Thomaston, Connecticut. The camp was established May 30, 1933 and was discontinued Sept. 28, 1937.
The camp’s “main projects were: building miles of truck trails, survey and boundary work, gypsy moth removal, tree planting.”
Historical Museum of the Civilian Conservation Corps, Shenipsit State Forest: exhibit information
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 2, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE