Site of former CCC camp - Lassen National Park CA
Lassen National Volcanic Park was created in 1916. In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) worked in the park on buildings, trails, roads and more. Most of this work was done out of three CCC camps at Mineral, the site of Lassen Park headquarters (which lies outside the main park borders). The CCC was active in the park from 1933 on.
Park staff pointed out the site of the CCC camp below the headquarters area, on the south side of state highway 36. Nothing remains of the camp except a large clearing in the forest and the traces of a baseball field (clearly visible in satellite view, below). Part of the area seems to be used as a forest service campground.