Cary High School in 1941Photo courtesy of the Town of Cary, Planning & Development Services Department © All rights reserved
Project type: Auditoriums and Arenas, Civic Facilities, Education and Health, Schools
Marked: YesView Project in a Separate Window
Originally constructed as Cary High School in 1938-39 with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. The building, which replaced a 1913 school, was built at a cost of $132,000. The building now houses the Cary Arts Center.
Images at: https://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMG18Y_Cary_High_School_Cary_NC
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 29, 2013.
Additional contributions by Valerie Summers; Anna Readling - Town of Cary Planning & Development Services Department.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE