Capitol Hill High School Stadium, East Wall
“The native sandstone wall around the football field is a WPA project.
Capitol Hill High School is located at 500 S.W. 36th Street. Built in 1928, it is still in use today. On the west side of the school, the C.B. Speegle Stadium is home to the Capitol Hill Redskins.
Surrounding the field is an approximately 8 ft. high wall made of the traditional Oklahoma sandstone seen in the greatest number of WPA projects in the State.
At the east end of the football field, the sandstone wall attaches to a 10 ft. high white stone ticket booth area. This wall has a stepped parapet (castle-like) and four ticket windows. At the center of the upper wall is a bronze shield stating: USA 1940 WPA Oklahoma.” (waymarking.com)
Project originally submitted by hamquilter on November 29, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE
This stadium is now called CB Speegle Stadium.