Canoga Park High School Assembly Hall
The Assembly Hall of the Canoga Park High School was built with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) – also known as the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works. The Assembly Hall was completed in 1939 and is named in honor of Canoga High’s former principal, G. Walter Monroe. The design is a combination of Mission and Renaissance Revival, common in architecture of the interwar period in Southern California.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE