Illinois’s old Camp Grant was improved as part of Federal Project F-88 by the federal Civil Works Administration (CWA) ca. 1933-4. The work involved “the rehabilitation of the target range, repairs to the road leading to the target range and general repairs, painting and plumbing, to the buildings on the 3200-acre military reservation known as Camp Grant, near Rockford. This project carried a quota of 66 workmen.”
"Report of the Federal Civil Works Administration for Illinois," Mar. 31, 1934. http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015074882567;view=1up;seq=82 (page 79-80)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 22, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE