Hickory Flat NYA Cafeteria, front elevation
The National Youth Administration constructed the rock cafeteria for the Hickory Flat school in 1939. The original building featured a double-door entrance in the center and single door entrance/exits on either side of the center doors. The doors were wooden, with 9-pane lights in the upper half of the door. Windows and doors have been altered. The building remains in use by the Hickory Flat school system.
Mississippi Department of Archives and History. Historic Resources Inventory. Retrieved from http://www.apps.mdah.ms.gov/Public/prop.aspx?view=architectural Series 1513 School Photograph Scrapbooks. Item 501 Hickory Flat High School Cafeteria. School Photographs (Mississippi) 1920s-1980s. Retrieved from http://mdah.state.ms.us/arrec/digital_archives/series/schoolphotographs/detail/162819
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on November 23, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE