The Public Works Administration and the Federal Emergency Administration of Public Works funded the construction of the school building and athletic facilities for the Village School in Cabot, Cabot School District.
“The school is in the residential section of the town and replaces an inadequate two-story condemned wooden building. There are five classrooms, a library, domestic science room, principal’s office, and teachers’ rooms. The walls are insulated.
It was completed in October 1938. The construction cost was $36,434 and the total project cost was $39,903.”
The school was designed by Freeman, French and Freeman of Burlington. Docket No. Vt. 1059-DS.
The building currently houses the Cabot Historical Society.
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
C.W. Short and R. Stanley-Brown. "Public Buildings: A Survey of Architecture of Projects Constructed by Federal and Other Governmental Bodies Between the Years 1933 and 1939 with the Assistance of the Public Works Administration." (1939).
National Archives Record Group 135-SAR
Cabot Historical Society: (https://sites.google.com/site/histsocorg1/Cabot-Schools), accessed February 11, 2018.
Project originally submitted by The Living New Deal on February 18, 2012.
Additional contributions by Brent McKee.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE