South Boston, Virginia received a new school in 1939 with the assistance of federal Public Works Administration (PWA) funds. Originally constructed as the city’s high school, the building is serves as the C. H. Friend Elementary School.
Construction occurred between June 1938 and March 1939.
PWA Docket No. VA [W]1224.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 121.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on March 29, 2015.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE