Burrus Hall, Virginia Tech University
Burruss Hall serves as the main administration building for Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Originally called the Teaching and Administration Building, it was constructed with a grant from the WPA from 1934-1936. It contains a 3,003 seat auditorium that is still widely used. The ceiling and walls of the auditorium were decorated with geometric designs as part of the WPA project. In addition to the original WPA building, two wings and a rear addition have been added.
Project submission. Nicholson, Terry K., and Terri L. Fisher. 2012. Blacksburg. Arcadia Publishing. http://www.vt.edu/about/buildings/burruss-hall.html
Project originally submitted by James Bohland on February 4, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE