Bryce Canyon National Park - road
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) performed road work in Bryce Canyon National Park from 1934-1941. The CCC made grading improvements on the Rim Road (the 20 mile-long road through the park) and built service roads. The exact locations of such work cannot be ascertained today, but the roads are still there.
The CCC also built parking lots at the Bryce Canyon Lodge and the headquarters building in 1936 and 1939.
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) did some road work as well, in 1938-1941.
Park rangers and architectural inventory report from the 1990s (typescript obtained from rangers)
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on July 28, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE