Bryce Canyon National Park - cabins
Several cabins for Bryce Canyon National Park employees were built by New Deal agencies over the course of the 1930s. They appear in the residential area of the Park near the lodge.
The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) built a 3-room employee cabin in 1937; the Public Works Administration (PWA) built two employee cabins in 1934; and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) build a rangers’ dormitory in 1939 and remodeled a mess hall as a residence in 1938.
It is not certain which of the present cabins are from the New Deal and which were built later; some park rangers believe that all of the cabins are from the 1930s.
Project originally submitted by Richard Walker on July 28, 2016.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE