Brown County State Park, Recreational BuildingSource: DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project type: Parks and Recreation, Shelters
Completed: 1934View Project in a Separate Window
The building was originally called Vermin Shelter, today it is known as the recreational building. Originally the building was used to educate people about local animals. The shelter hosted various small predatory animals (hence the name “vermin shelter”) for public viewing. The shelter also helped keep individuals away from nesting areas. The structure was completed by CCC laborers in 1934. The style of the recreational building is parks rustic.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana Division of Historic Preservation/Nicole Cory on August 5, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE