Brown County State Park AmphitheaterSource: DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
CCC laborers completed the park amphitheater in 1936. The amphitheater was built into a wooded hillside near the Abe Martin Lodge, as a place for programs and entertainment. The seats, stage, and steps were all made from native stone.
DNR Historic Site and Structures Inventory
Project originally submitted by Indiana Division of Historic Preservation/Nicole Cory on August 5, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE