Historic picture of the old school (date of photo unknown)Picture furnished by the Bronte City Secretary along with permission to submit it to this website.
The Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) constructed the former high school building and attendant perimeter wall in 1938-9.
A W.P.A. plaque remains on site. It is located in front of the new high school, on the remains of the step entrance to the old building.
Plaque on remaining portion of entrance.
Project originally submitted by Eveline Evans on February 5, 2018.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE