Project type: Parks and Recreation, Playgrounds
Completed: 1938View Project in a Separate Window
New York City’s Parks Department writes:
“[Brizzi Playground], formerly named the 43rd St. Playground, is bounded by 42nd and 43rd Streets and 10th & New Utrecht Avenues. It was acquired through condemnation and assigned to Parks for playground purposes in 1938. The playground was designed and constructed the same year by the Works Progress Administration …”
The completion of the playground was officially announced on March 18, 1939.
NYC Parks - Brizzi Playground Department of Parks, Press Release, March 18, 1939
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on April 15, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE