The Wichita Falls Boys Club (now the Boys and Girls Club of Wichita Falls) at 1318 6th Street, Wichita Falls, TX, was dedicated on November 22, 1942. The one-story stone building was sponsored by the Rotary Club and constructed by the WPA. Philanthropists J.J. and Lois Perkins of Wichita Falls were important benefactors of the project.
The building contained club rooms, a library, an auditorium-gymnasium, and a workshop. It now serves as the administrative office of the Boys and Girls Club of Wichita Falls and home to the Central Club.
Dallas Morning News, November 23, 1942
Project originally submitted by Susan Kline on August 4, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.
SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE