Rock wall, Bonnyview School site - Murray UT
The Bonnyview School was expanded in the 1930s with the help of the Public Works Administration (PWA). At the same time, the Bonnyview grounds were landscaped and 220 feet of rock retaining wall were built, along with entrance steps. The school district furnished the materials at a cost of $980, while WPA provided the labor from the ranks of locally unemployed men (estimated at three months of work for twenty men).
The school has since been demolished and the site left empty, but the elegant rock wall and entrance steps remain (though the concrete steps are deteriorating).
|Federal Cost||Local Cost||Total Cost||Project #'s|
Karrol Broschnisky, 2015. Centennial History of the Murray City School District, 1906 - 2006. (Updated by D Wright). Murray School District, Murray UT. (p 29)
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 27, 2016.
Additional contributions by Richard A Walker.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE