Boise JC Assembly Hall Archive Photo
Originally Boise Junior College.
“Established in 1932, the Boise Junior College was without a permanent home until the initial construction of the present campus in 1940-42. The land had previously been occupied by the Boise airfield, which had moved to its current location at Gowen Field. Designed in the traditional campus style of Collegiate Gothic, the Administration Building (1940), Heating Plant (1940), Assembly Hall (1940-41), and original Student Union (1941-42) represent a more streamlined version of the style as it transitioned into the modern age. The campus infrastructure, landscaping, and original structures were all funded through the WPA.”