Then known as the Bloomsburg State Teachers College, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania benefited during the Great Depression from a large construction project enabled by the federal Public Works Administration (PWA). The PWA provided a $184,604 grant for the project, whose final cost was $584,097. Construction occurred between January 1938 and July 1939. (PWA Docket No. [W]1866.)
Four buildings were constructed on the campus, including a gymnasium and shop/storage building. The present status of these structures is unknown to Living New Deal.
National Archives: Record Group 135: Public Works Administration; Projects Control Division; Entry 52: Indices to Non-Federal Projects; Report No. 5: Status of All Completed Non-Federal Allotted Projects, page 36. "Public Works Administration", a Google Fusion Table by LaDale Winling, edited on March 15, 2011. http://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?dsrcid=578234
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on November 29, 2014.