New Bladensburg High School
The school built by the PWA in 1936, and in 1937, the WPA also did extensive work on the school including: “Improve the high school building and grounds in Bladensburg…by grading athletic field, constructing soccer field, running track, steps to front entrance and bus unloading spaces; and performing appurtenant and incidental work.” (National Archives)
In 2001, the New Deal facility was torn down and a new facility was built in its place in 2005.
National Archives, Record Group 69, “Microfilmed Index to WPA Projects.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladensburg_High_School Additional information submitted by Robert Krause.
Project originally submitted by Brent McKee on June 10, 2013.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE