The new athletic field commenced development in 1940, prior to beginning the new Junior High in 1942. The $17,000 project included “grading, drainage and fencing of the new field” (Daily Herald, January 1, 1940). It included a playing field, three practice fields, and a quarter mile track. The field was used for the first time by Biloxi High School vs. Moss Point on September 17, 1941 (Biloxi will use new school field).
The Daily Herald, January 1, 1940, p. 1 Biloxi will use new school field. The Daily Herald. September 17, 1941, p. 6.
Project originally submitted by Susan Allen on September 21, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE