Billings architect J. G. Link designed the 1937 Monumental Deco-style courthouse that resides in downtown Hardin, MT. It was built using WPA labor. A nearby historical marker notes: “Constructed at a cost of $150,000, the project put over a hundred men to work. … Simple cast concrete elements decorate the courthouse’s rose-colored ashlar limestone, quarried forty miles south of Hardin. In addition to the courtroom, the two-and-one-half-story building housed a jail, public auditorium, living quarters for the sheriff, and county offices.”
Historical marker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/auvet/6127131246/
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on January 10, 2014.