Basalt Stone Wall built at the crest of the Agency Valley Dam - Vale
Beulah Reservoir, also known as Agency Valley Reservoir, was created with the completion of the Agency Valley Damn in 1935. Throughout 1939, the Bureau of Reclamation supervised enrollees at a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) spike camp. They built a stone parapet wall on the upstream crest of the new damn. The spike camp was CCC Camp Vale, or Company BR-45 which worked on the Vale Project.
The basalt stone wall runs on both sides of the road that crosses the top of the damn. The stone signature plaque left to commemorate their work is located on the eastern end of the wall.
"Beulah Reservoir & Hot Springs," Oregon Discovery website. Viewed December 24, 2022. https://oregondiscovery.com/beulah-reservoir
Pfaff, Christine (2010) The Bureau of Reclamation's Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy: 1933-1942. Denver, CO: Department of Interior publication. pp. 208.
Project originally submitted by Jim Reed on December 24, 2022.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE