Bartlett School Main Entrance
This school was built as an elementary school with funding from the Public Works Administration (PWA) in 1938. It later became a junior high school and was named for William Pitt Bartlett, a Porterville benefactor.
The building is single-story and the design by W.D. Coates is Moderne (Art Deco). The main building front still looked unchanged as of 2009, except for probable window replacement. There are new aluminum windows on the small building on the south, and new aluminum doors on the back side.
There have been at least 2 additions for new classrooms since it was built.
Project submitted by Marsha Crabtree Skinner.
Project originally submitted by Marsha Skinner on August 19, 2009.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE