A band shell in Clay Center’s Dexter Park was constructed in 1934. The work is often attributed to the Works Progress Administration (WPA). However, since the WPA did not exist until 1935, it is likely that that the band shell was actually constructed by one of the WPA’s predecessor agencies: the Civil Works Administration (CWA) or Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA), each of which was active in 1934.
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 15, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE