Bachman Lake Shelter House
Text on a plaque in the building reads:
The Bachman Lake Shelter House was designed by the National Park Service and constructed by the young men of the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1939. Just as today, the shelter served the community as a gathering place. The building continues to serve our community as a place for special events.
In 2006, Bachman Lake Shelter House was carefully restored to its original configuration and appearance through the coordinated efforts of The Bachman Lake Foundation and Dallas Park and Recreation Department. Dedicated November 18, 2006.
Project originally submitted by Larry Moore on July 14, 2014.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE