Texas Woman University’s original Austin Hall was constructed with federal Public Works Administration (P.W.A.) funds. “Named after Texas hero Stephen F. Austin, the hall was constructed in 1936-37 on the site of the original “dorm row.”” The building is since demolished; a building in the newer Lowry Woods Apartments complex on campus has also been given the name Austin Hall.
"Building the New Deal: Federal Construction on College Campuses in 1930s Texas," by Kaitlyn Waynen http://www.twu.edu/update/backissues/2-21-05.htm
Project originally submitted by Evan Kalish on May 9, 2017.
We welcome contributions of additional information on any New Deal project site.SUBMIT MORE INFORMATION OR PHOTOGRAPHS FOR THIS SITE